Working and studying at the same time?
You can only paint with the colors that you are given. And some students have to work to make money. Working and studying is pretty basic time management problem. Without doing complex math, it is in fact obvious that a person can do two big things well. Here are some ideas that may work with a student schedule…
Some jobs just suit students’ schedule
- Online tutor: if you are already learning, one thing that you do have as an asset to make a side income is tutoring other people on what you know and can explain well;
- Search Engine Evaluator: we all use the internet. You can actually help search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo make their search engines better by cleaning up a few problems here and there. There are some websites that have jobs like these available like Leapforce.com;
- Freelance writer or editor: you can do this on freelance websites like Fiverr. You can find some jobs that involve writing, correcting and translating.
Lean to manage your time
Chances are good that at some time in your life, you’ve taken a time management class, read about it in books and tried to use an electronic or paper-based day planner to organize, prioritize and schedule your day. So why do you still feel like you can’t get everything done? Practice the following techniques to become master of your own time:
- Carry a schedule and record all your thoughts, conversations and activities for a week: this will help you see how much time is actually spent to produce results and how much time is wasted on unproductive tasks;
- Any activity or conversation that is important to your success should have a time assigned to it. Schedule appointment with yourself and create time for high-priority tasks. Schedule when they will begin and end;
- Plan to spend at least 50% of your time engaged on the activities that produce more of your results;
- Plan time for interruptions;
- Take the first 30 minutes of everyday morning to plan your day;
- Take 5 minutes before every task to decide what result you want to attain.
This will help you organize your freelance work around your studies at the American Business School of Paris!